lose weight abdominal fat It’s the most desired when it comes to losing weight, especially since we passed the 40-year barrier, when it seems that everything starts to accumulate in that area. This wish is also good for our health, as people with excess abdominal weight are more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease, among other conditions, such as diabetes, insomnia or cancer.
It is common that, when we celebrate our birthdays, fat accumulates in the belly area, giving rise to what we usually call belly, love handles or beer gut. Therefore, the sooner we start to remedy it, the better, and not only for our appearance, but also for our health, as we have seen.
To do this, we must be very attentive to what we eat during the day and debunk certain myths that surround food and that do us more harm than good, such as that fatty foods are bad for losing weight. we see it.
Best fatty foods to lose belly fat
People who don’t understand food run away from calories and fat when they want to lose weightbut the truth is, it shouldn’t be like that, because there are good fats and bad fats.
So, for plose weight in the abdominal areaWe have to include monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in our dietas they will help us to feel more satisfied and, therefore, to eat less during the rest of the day.
Yasi Ansari, MD, American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, is clear about this: “The fat sources I recommend increasing in the diet come from unsaturated fatty acids found in foods like olive oil, nuts, avocado, fatty fish and eggsas they can help increase satiety while also providing a variety of health benefits when consumed in moderation.” Prevention.
We can increase our intake of healthy fats by adding some chopped avocado to our salads, having salmon for lunch or dinner twice a week, or having a few eggs a day for breakfast. “Remember to enjoy them in moderation as they are high in calories,” adds Ansari.
As the expert said, the ideal is to eat certain foods loaded with good fats, but without exaggerating. That is, a drizzle of olive oil on the salad and half an avocado would be more than enough on a plate, for example. If we go too far, no matter how healthy it is, we won’t be able to lose weight.
Other foods that help us lose belly fat
In addition to foods high in healthy fats, there are others that are also good for you. lose belly fatas the following, detailed by doctor karthik kuma in Drug network:
- Resveratrol (grapes): It is a chemical substance found mainly in red grapes and in the products derived from these grapes (wine, juice). It can be helpful for weight loss because it “slows down the accumulation of fat in the body,” says Dr. Kuma.
- cinnamon and gingerin addition to other spices, they can help reduce swelling and delay the accumulation of fat.
- Oat: it is one of the fibers that contribute most to weight loss.
- Green leafy and cruciferous vegetables they can help reduce bloating and turn off the genes that cause us to store fat. These are lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower or Brussels sprouts. They’re high in fiber and tend to be incredibly filling.
- Additional vegetable protein (nuts): Can be found in soybeans, peas, nuts and seeds. In addition, it can be consumed in powder form with smoothies or drinks.
- Vegetables and fruits: to add fiber rich foods meals is also key to losing belly fat. Good sources of fiber are legumes, oats, chia seeds, as well as vegetables and fruits.
- yogurts: Studies have shown that strains in the family Lactobacillus they can too help reduce belly fat. Research to date indicates that eating yogurts from this family reduces body fat by 3-4% in six weeks.
- Red fruits: the deeper the color, the more effective they are at turning off obesity genes. Berries like apples can be some of the healthiest foods to lose belly fat.
And cooking at home (very important)
None of these will help you lose weight if you eat out regularly. In this sense, according to a 2017 study, spending more time in the kitchen can help you lose belly fatas long as you cook with the right foods.
After analyzing data from more than 11,000 men and women, UK researchers found that people who ate more than five home-cooked meals a week were 28% less likely to have a high body mass index and 24% less likely to have too much body fat than those who ate only three meals at home.
Experts explained that people who cook their own meals often have other healthy treats, such as:
- do more exercise,
- eat more fruits and vegetables (along with a wider variety of foods),
- they had healthier methods of preparing their food and
- they ate less food high in calories and sugars.