The Last of Us Part 1 has news to update on PC and Steam Deck, from Naughty Dog they published these two patches for the first game coming up just a few days ago.
At that time it was a mere hotfix, which is the important thing, since between bugs and game performance now the characters will no longer suddenly get wet and for no reason to explain.
It is clear that those responsible for this flawed port are gradually improving the experience and putting more and more solutions to the annoyances that users have seen.
The Last of Us Part 1, this is how it works on Steam Deck
With v22.214.171.124 on computers, The Last of Us Part 1 receives its fourth patch since its debut Last March 28th. With that, the problems, bugs and glitches that had and still have Naughty Dog Game on PC.
“…and our partners at Iron Galaxy continue to actively monitor player reports to support future improvements and patches“, writes the study at the end of the patch notes.
“We are actively optimizing, working on game stability and adding additional fixes, which will be included in future regular updates.“.
We recently learned that the studio is prioritizing fixing The Last of Us Part 1 on PC over its Steam Deck compatibility.
New patch v126.96.36.199 for The Last of Us Part 1 on PC
“This update fixes performance, user experience, and visual effects issues; between others. Also includes platform and hardware specific fixes“, it reads.
We leave you with the full patch notes, because they are not exactly few. They have general improvements, for Left Behind, in accessibility, language, Steam Deck, Epic Games Store, and more.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when quickly switching between character thumbnails.
- Fixed a bug that could occur in version 188.8.131.52 when loading shaders when starting the game for the first time.
- Fixed a known crash that occurred randomly during gameplay.
- Texture streaming has been updated to reduce CPU usage.
- Fixed an issue where the analog sticks on DualSense and Xbox One controllers were unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where strange sound effects were playing in the game’s main menu and “Options” menu.
- Fixed an issue where the sharpness of the Depth of Field setting (Options > Graphics > After Effects Settings > Depth of Field) could change based on the Render Scale setting (Options > Display > Scaling Resolution > Render Scale).
- Updated Graphics Settings UI (Options > Graphics) to accurately display VRAM usage.
- Fixed an issue where the Environment Texture Quality setting (Options > Graphics > Texture Settings > Environment Texture Quality) would not show the correct VRAM usage.
- Fixed an issue where the popup to enable diagnostics would not appear after a crash.
- Fixed an issue where some artifact textures and weapon skins would not render correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Tutorial UI was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue where mouse wheel scrolling in menus with dropdown options could become faster than intended.
- Active charge has been increased to reduce loading times in game progression.
- Fixed an issue where the camera orientation could change to the cursor position after exiting the pause menu.
- [Modo foto] Fixed an issue where the camera would not rotate in the Lighting tab.
- [Zona en cuarentena] Fixed an issue where player and friendly characters could suddenly appear wet during gameplay.
- [Zona de cuarentena, Left Behind] Fixed an issue where lighting and texture could flicker during gameplay.
- [Las afueras] Fixed a hole in visible geometry during gameplay.
- [Los suburbios] Fixed an issue where animations could not be loaded during gameplay.
- [Suburbios] Restored window shattering effects and car shakes for in-game shooter cinematics.
- Fixed an issue where horse animations would not load during an in-game cinematic.
- [Depósito de autobuses] Fixed an issue where water effects could appear unstable during gameplay.
- [Laboratorio de luciérnagas] Fixed an LOD issue where enemy NPC helmets could disappear or appear damaged.
- Fixed an issue where squirt gun shots would appear to hit Riley but would not register when using slow motion with V-Sync disabled.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when following Riley in the mall.
- The level of detail in the Halloween shop has been improved.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when enabling optional conversation on the Affordable Getaways banner.
- Fixed an issue where textures for narrative elements appeared low quality in a cutscene.
- Updated the ESDF control scheme in the arcade minigame to use “G” as an alternate key to better match the game’s punch input.
- Fixed an issue where the screen magnifier may not work.
- Fixed an issue where the navigation aid directional icon could clip the player character model.
- [Inglés, Húngaro] Adjusted the language used to refer to the DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers and touchpad.
- [THAI, Latino, Coreano] Correction of the translations in the menus.
- [SUECO] Added missing text-to-speech in menus and fixed language in window after crash.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect default values were being applied to AMD RX 5700 and RX 6600 GPUs.
- Fixed an issue where the PSO cache could get stuck after 50% game completion.
- Fixed an issue where connecting a DualSense controller when viewing cutscenes from the Cinematics menu could force the player to enter the game.
- Adjusted the UI to show Steam Deck controls in the screen magnifier menu.
- Adjusted the position of HUD items for weapons and health.
Version on the Epic Games Store
- Fixed an issue where the achievement “who is a good boy?” was not unlocked even though the player met the requirements.
- Fixed an issue where the sky could render as black.
At the moment and if you haven’t played yet, there’s a new offer on PS5 for a limited time for the console + game of choice from 559.99 euros.
And if necessary, where to play at PlayStation 5 and/or PCthe analysis of the LG UltraGear 27GR95QE leaves the review of a 27-inch OLED monitor “almost” perfect for gaming at 1440p and 240Hz.
For now computer and Steam Deck users can download and install the new patch v184.108.40.206 for The Last of Us Part 1.