The VMware Partner Connect program transforms to take advantage of the multi-cloud opportunity. The manufacturer offers more possibilities for partners to train, develop practices and choose incentives according to the customer’s challenges.
As organizations move from an environment of cloud chaos to a focus smart cloud, there is a significant and immediate opportunity for partners. VMware will address each of these issues by supporting critical business outcomes such as accelerating application modernization, enabling enterprise cloud transformation, and protecting the hybrid workforce.
In this regard, Tracy-Ann Palmer, vice president of the house’s global channel compliance program, comments:
“Through VMware Partner Connect, we are reinventing the partner experience. Our strategy is for each partner to own the customer lifecycle from start to finish, leading services, partnering with others and creating predictable, recurring revenue streams.”
Updated program incorporates better support for current cloud-centric business models, services and solutions, aligns channel partner training, practice development and incentives with critical business outcomes, and opens up more opportunities to create value across the customer lifecycle .
More specifically, VMware Partner Connect updates now available to partners include:
- Unified and flexible points-based program. One platform for all business models, connecting partner programs and value-added activities in a universal points system. The new framework recognizes, aggregates and rewards channel partners’ achievements in transactions, service delivery, capabilities and specializations, and supports partners regardless of how they choose to enter the market, whether through business model or multiple.
- Reward partners’ investments and capabilities. Industry-specific criteria reward partners with incentives and benefits as they develop their VMware practices and progress through Partner Connect. They can earn points for their achievements in training and innovation, from core capabilities to differentiated services and IP.
- New automated information. The completely revamped Partner Dashboard offers a robust self-service experience that lets you customize views so you know exactly where you are in program metrics at any time. Partners can easily track history, performance and progress towards next-level skills, specializations and availability.
- Expanded practice development. VMware Ignite is a partner practice development and enablement program that the vendor funds on its behalf and is now available to all channel partners across all routes to market. Ignite has helped thousands of channel partners build capabilities and accelerate growth with a comprehensive practice development framework that is uniquely structured, rigorous and time-bound, yet flexible and robust.
Within the VMware Partner Connect program, different partner profiles have been created: distributor, solution service provider, cloud service provider and solution builder.
Partners can participate in one or more business models, with each model opening the door to more incentives and even faster program progression.
About the incentives, the new program aligns them with VMware Cross-Cloud services. In this regard, updates include:
- Sales incentive. Discount program aligned with partner program tier that rewards those who qualify to sell SaaS, subscriptions, and licensed software. Now you pay two to ten times more for SaaS sales and subscriptions than you do for license reservations.
- Activation incentive. Rewards partners for providing professional services to customers for transitioning to a public cloud and for enabling and consuming services.
- Deployment incentive. Designed to reward partners for accelerating their customers’ digital transformation with select VMware solutions for application modernization and multi-cloud.
The program integrates new ways to increase your relationship. Previously, partners could only progress with tier credits earned through transacted reservations. Non-transactional partners registered as Solution Service Providers now have a path to rank in the Partner Connect program earning performance points towards influence pools. Solution service providers offer their customers pre-transaction and post-transaction services, with an emphasis on pre-sales advisory and post-sales services.
With regard to training, the program offers 14 competences in solutions, 8 in master services and 2 specializations. Now they can earn skill points to progress through the program based on their investment in training, skills and certifications.